You can read the full text of "A Pledge To America" here.
In this pledge are the following items...
"We pledge to advance policies that promote greater liberty, wider opportunity, a robust defense, and national economic prosperity.
We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values.
We pledge to make government more transparent in its actions, careful in its stewardship, and honest in its dealings.
We pledge to uphold the purpose and promise of a better
, knowing that to whom much is given, much is expected and that the blessings of our liberty buoy the hopes of mankind. America
The questions that come immediately to mind are as follows:
We make this pledge bearing true faith and allegiance to the people we represent, and we invite fellow citizens and patriots to join us in forming a new governing agenda for
- Where are the jobs we were promised? In August, there were on average, no jobs increases. We are being inundated with excuses of how it is President Obama that is to blame but to date, the only moves for job creation from Republican initiatives are through Corporate tax breaks, tax breaks for the rich and the elimination of governmental programs supporting those who are without jobs.
- How can we have economic growth and smaller government when so much of our money is being used for war efforts around the globe? In the first sentence of this promise are the terms, "robust defense" and "national economic prosperity". These terms are contradictory. When $700 Billion direct dollars and an additional $250 Billion for soft costs of war are being expended for "defense", the only balancing done is between American social unrest and Global economic uncertainty with a stronger police state.
- How can the destruction of Social Programs and entitlements for corporations create jobs? Republican agendas as seen through the likes of Rick Scott of Florida, Rick Perry of Texas and Scott Walker of Wisconsin are working tirelessly to defund education, social services, benefits for those unemployed and struggling as well as busting Union representation of workers to fight the corporatist abuse of the working class for greater profits. Meanwhile, the banks have frozen lending, the corporations, those entities worshiped by our leaders in Washinton, are reaping record profits.
- How does the castigation of homosexuals, abortion and birth control create jobs? Quite simply, they do not. These initiatives are the result of thirty years of effort to propel a Christian extremist position of controlling the masses through fear mongering and blame casting. Instead of solving the problems of our America, these people feed off the people's suffering to garner more control and by proxy, more profit. They will have abortion made illegal but refuse governmental support to those children born into abusive, unwelcoming homes only adding to crime and the increased population of our prisons which by the way, they also profit from.
- "To those that much is given, much is expected". Doesn't this essentially mean that We the People must sacrifice more to enable the destruction of our Liberty? That is exactly what the corporatist, Republican Party wants. We should sacrifice to enrich the upper class: To enrich and to elect they who have stopped representing us in Congress. They, the traitors against whom We must fight. Liberty is what they claim to be trying to bestow but a new form of slavery is what we will get unless we fight back.
"Like free peoples of the past, our citizens refuse to accommodate a government that believes it can replace the will of the people with its own. The American people are speaking out, demanding that we realign our country’s compass with its founding principles and apply those principles to solve our common problems for the common good."Words that make sense, indeed. What is so very ironic is how these words are so very empowering to a people that have become, through the Republican deceit of Trickle Down Economics and the raping of our freedom from a Republican driven agenda called the "Patriot Act" has taken from We the People our voice. Ironic, indeed.
The time to create a new form of Governing is upon us. That part is most assuredly true. One thing that we can count upon in this form of Government while it lasts, is that the protected right for We the People to rebel is guaranteed by the Constitution but we must act quickly. The dawn of this new form of governance is coming quickly; that of the loss of any rights of assembly, freedom of speech or even our representation in the new, Fascist States of America and it is being heralded by these self-proclaimed "libertarians" who only want to dispose of any who are not as privileged as they.
Here is my promise: I promise to keep fighting against these hypocrites; to inform the people that this new America is not what pour founding fathers envisioned and is not by any means, a semblance of any Liberty but that for the elitists. We are not slaves, nor are we sacrificial lamb. We are this Nation. We are the only reason it continues to exist and We the People can bring it down if it reduces our freedoms or dedacts our Liberty for its own gain.
One of my favorite quotes is as follows; "The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and tyrants." ~ Thomas Jefferson. Which would you choose to be? Which side will you choose to take when the revolution comes: The place of a true Patriot or an enabler of Fascism which is currently destroying the very fabric of this great Nation for your own, selfish profit?
In this environment of political game playing and positioning for power roles in our government as has been the case for the past three years, the Republicans are purposely not contributing to finding solutions in order to convince us to vote for them in the next election. Our domestic problems are not of their concern: They see them only as an opportunity to take control of our domestic policies and further their agenda.